Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Joe's Response

In my opinion, Air America should not have fired her. The things she said about Hilary Clinton was said off the air, therefore had nothing to do with them. Ok, maybe a suspension or something would have been a little more appropriate, but firing her was way to harsh.

I feel that since she was fired for saying something, that yeah.. it kind of is a violation of free speech. I know that she should monitor what she says being in the public eye and what not, but still, she is entitled to say whatever she wants, and she clearly was punished for doing just that.

If I were a broadcaster i would avoid talking negatively about anyone, especially someone who could potentially be our next president. Plus there is a time and place to let an opinion like that come out. I try to build bridges, not burn them. 

No comments: