Monday, April 14, 2008

I feel that it unnecessary to fire Randi Rhodes due to a comment she made out of her work environment. However I do feel that a suspension fits her act. As a radio host no matter where you are I believe that people always use your voice as source for information. By slandering someone in the position of Hillary Clition you can affect the way other people perceive her. Although this country thrives on freedom of speech, I believe that people in the position of Randi should always be aware of what they say.

I do believe that firing her is violation on freedom of speech especially due to the fact it took place out of the work area. But if lewd remarks suck as hers go away unpunished, citizens may look at our government as a one that accepts lawlessness.

If I was a broadcaster I wouldn’t have delivered comments like that. As I have stated the job of a journalist is to deliver news to the public. Saying inappropriate comments like that can’t go overlooked.

No comments: